October 6, 2010

DIY personalized gift glasses

I'll be the first to admit: I'm perpetually behind on the holiday gift-giving eight ball.  But check out the great holiday gift idea one of my fun friends asked me to help her with: personalized bathroom drinking glasses.


Is this not a super ridiculously cute idea (for children who can handle glass cups, obviously)?  Put in a few dental accoutrements, tie a bow, and you're in the gift-giving business.  You can find my quick tutorial here and other gift idea here.

Of course, then comes the real feat of getting your kids to quit faking and move to real brushing:


Photobucket

9 comments:

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I have to try that etching cream..I have it, I just haven't used it!!

Love the 'fake brushing' :)

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Very good idea. I have a friend who is a dentist - I know what they are getting for Christmas.

Mandy England said...

Your kiddos look like so much fun! And I love the etched glasses... that would make a perfect gift! I'll have to look into this etching cream stuff.

hiyaluv said...

etched glass is such fun! I love your kiddos. they always make me smile:)
gina
ps-i left you an award on my blog!

Into Ablivia said...

Neat idea!

Unknown said...

couple things... one, my friend dave's (april) bday gift is in the family room, accoutrement is a word I try to use often, and lastly, love the idea! a great post halloween gift to help with all that candy!

hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
party inspiration

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

Really neat idea...looks fun to make!

Two Little Tots said...

great little gift! i have to add this to my list...which is about a mile long right now!

hope you are doing well!

Emily said...

Thanks a lot for sharing amazing blog. Its great idea to send gift to your loved ones.

Gift Basket