July 1, 2010

Primer is for sissies

Check out my latest $7 purchase:
I've been on a kick wanting to try refinishing a piece of furntiture and figured at $7 bucks from the local antique/junk store, it's worth the trial-and-most-likely-many-errors attempt.

Both chairs have cool little details:
But then again, I could be biting off way more than I can chew by having to fix the seat on one of them:

Fingers crossed, maybe it'll get done over the next week or so?  Despite my lack of rule-following I'll try to follow the basics, like sanding and priming prior to painting; but know that you'll be the first to hear of any follies.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ugh, it is hard pressed to make me prime too! I know it's the right thing to do, but I just want to get started!

hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Can't wait to see the end result!!

Two Little Tots said...

i can't wait to see the end result and use spray paint...primer and all, it will go so much faster!

Tasha said...

So fun! I cannot wait to see how they go. I have been wanting to dive into this type of stuff too.

Into Ablivia said...

Just a little duct tape!

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

I can't wait to see how they turn out.
& I'm with you about 'following the rules' :)