I came across a DIY tile transfer project via One Pretty Thing that I wanted to try, but I lacked the motivation for getting into the car to drive to the home improvement store to buy a single tile for 50-cents. Instead, I had some slate kicking around that I figured would be neat to try a black-on-gray transfer. The results: a rough start, but a better than expected final product. Here's how it all rolled out:
I wont lie: my oven stunk after baking the slate. This is probably because I used outdoor-grade MP instead of regular, so lesson learned. I also mistakenly trimmed the image when I should have let it cover the entire slate.
Disliking the initial results, I flipped to the reverse side of the slate, started over and covered the entire area with the paper.
Now onto de-stinking my oven.