April 8, 2011

The captain has turned on the fake reasoning sign

Earlier this week, I flew out for a one-day workshop to NYC and my flight back home was mysteriously cancelled by the airline for reasons of "too much air traffic," leaving me stuck for an extra day.  Hey, U.S. Airways: I'm calling you out for fibbing.  And just because I live in New England does not mean I'd be okay with a diversion to Massachusetts or Maine instead.  Because guess what?  If I preferred to fly into a neighboring state, I wouldn't have flown out of and parked my car in, oh, call me crazy: the New Hampshire airport in which you choose to operate from. 

But, Good Gravy! readers, you know me to find the funny in anything.  Including the airplane guide: I get the whole "no radio signals" rule, but the thought of a little race buggy hauling up and down an aisle was funny.


With such a nice drawing of the race buggy, did the artist simply give up when it came to drawing this guy a clean, pressed shirt?  I'm just saying.


Photobucket




PS: The winner of Monday's five 18 designs giveaway is Tara Follett!  Thanks to everyone who entered and provided me some great laughs with your random comments.  Super great, all of you!

7 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome...because everyone brings those to play with while they sit on an airplane. It's like the warning on your vaccuum to not suck up a lit candle, or that a superman cape from Target will not "allow the user to fly"...good grief! :)

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

I love that you notice these random things....and I agree, that man must have eaten some bad airline food!

Into Ablivia said...

He probably spent 10 nights delayed in an airport with no extra shirts-so he really has been wearing the same one for days. He probably smells too.

Rachel said...

I am now fully convinced that Us Air hates New Englanders! They canceled my last flight out of Atlanta! But they did put me up in a lovely hotel room and give me a free flight for my next trip so I am not crying too much!

SZM said...

You are like the Seinfeld of Blogland. I love the things you notice!

Tara Follett said...

What??? I just read this entry and saw my name as a winner. I'VE NEVER WON ANYTHING FROM A GIVEAWAY. I keep re-reading it over and over. Is it true? I've been sick with the stomach flu all week, so I may be foggy. What do I do now? Woo hoo!!! By the way, funny post.

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

I always take my remote control cars on flights.