December 16, 2010

Diaper champ

I'd like to take a moment to relish in the following award I am giving myself:

See, unlike most normal mothers, I avoid changing the #2-type mess of diaper-related functions as much as humanly possible.  There are times in which I have no choice but to attend to one, but if there's an alternative handler in the vicinity, I'll always tap out.

This, of course, comes at a price in that if I don't "do" diapers, then I must "do" something.  Griff has challenged me with this theory in the past 24-hours with a stomach bug that has rolled through him, leaving no stomach content behind. 

It breaks down like this:
Mother [+] Child [-] Dirty Diapers [=] Vomit Duty 

Fair enough.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

blech! I SOOOO don't do vomit... trade ya ;o)

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

SZM said...

It is actually a good trade because I am assuming dirty diapers happen with way more frequency. Way to use your noodle Miz Gravy!

Mandy England said...

That sounds like a pretty fair trade-off... I don't know what the hubs and I will do since both of us claim to vomit when we see vomit. I think we'll be fighting over the dirty diapers.

Brittney @ britandtheboys said...

both sound awful! I was talking to a friend this morning and we decided there needs to be a time of hibernation for moms... and it needs to be around this time of year. I could sleep for a week and I am not even cleaning up any puke or wiping any butts :)

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

You sound like Mr.Wonderful.
There is a big scene every.single.time. he changes a #2 complete with holding his breath and a pre-changing breathing session.

jackie fo said...

Bahaha... #2 diapers are terrible... I have to change my nieces all the time...

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

Let's give a big round of applause to the Dad of the Year.

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

Congrats..
sounds like a good deal. I'm hoping the vomit is way less frequent than the dirties! :)

Christina said...

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Two Little Tots said...

bummer that little man is under the weather. but, i think i would take diaper duty any day over vomit!

Florida Life said...

I had to revisit this post because I remembered your trade...I avoid #2 diapers too. Skyler and I trade off diaper duty when he's home...lately he has seemed to notice, "hey! why does my diaper duty always seem to be the poopy ones?!" ... hmmm. Odd isn't it? I guess he just poops every other diaper! Bummer for you, honey! ;)