November 11, 2010

The smell that keeps on giving

Don't be fooled by Jack's cute mug.  He still stinks from last week's run-in with a skunk. 

A huge "thanks" for the suggestions and support toward getting the stink of the the dog and the house. The baking soda/soap bath did wonders and I put little bowls of bleach (up high and out of reach of little hands) all around the house to absorb the smell.

It wasn't until the next day that we noticed it was mostly the inside of Jack's MOUTH that got blasted.  I might have to start pouring TicTacs into his food dish because everytime he breathes in your general area, it's like re-living the putrid nightmare.

I'm fairly certain it's not recommended to feed your dog your favorite little breath mint, so please no calls for revoking my pet ownership.  I promise to keep the orange little goodies to myself, but I will dream the minty dream.

Photobucket

PS: Today is the last day to enter to win a handmade wool felt holiday wreath.  There might even be a few extra random winners drawn for super special Good Gravy! prizes.  Why?  Because I said so.

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh goodness, that stinks. . .literally! I wonder if those greenie things would work, but I'm sure you've already thought of that. Good luck, my friend ;)

Unknown said...

ewwww! yuck! poor puppy (and family down wind) can dogs have tomato juice? maybe if he licked it up, it would work? or onion maybe - they say if you leave a sliced onion in a room, it will absorb all odors, then you just need a day for the onion smell to go away ;o)

good luck!
hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Anonymous said...

My dog got sprayed (mostly in the mouth/face) in May. We did the same bath treatment and dealt with the putrid breath. Amazingly, it went away a lot faster than I thought it might. We haven't smelled it since July. :) I hope your dog is the same way. I feel your pain! :)

staci @ lizard n ladybug said...

poor dog...and poor you!!

Lindsay - Pen and Paint said...

Oh dear.
The only way I know about skunks is through an episode of Curious George. Yeah.

The Bonjour Four said...

Hahaha oh I'm sure that is an awwwful smell. Glad you've pretty much gotten rid of the stink. :)

did you see my giveaway? For some reason my post isn't showing up on peoples blogrolls. Weird.

Into Ablivia said...

I think they have dog breath mints at Petco. really.

Karen @ Barefoot in Portland said...

Yes! They do have doggy breath mints....we have bought them before! Poor puppy dog...

Sara said...

have you tried brushing his teeth & gums . . . course that would require a lot of up close & personal smelling time, if that doesn't work I'd say tic tacs all the way!

What I Did Today said...

Well, it's nice to know what really works. Not that I forsee any problems in my near future since a). I don't have a dog and b). There aren't any skunks around here. But, still good to know. I'm really bummed that I missed the giveaway.