April 22, 2010

Being present to win

Things sometimes get busy, and I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here.

When things get kind of nuts for me, there's sometimes an inadvertant shift of priorities and I have to remind myself that if I'm not present with my family, I may later regret it. 

Cue the Chapin song "Cat's in the Cradle."

A Design So Vast occasionally discusses "being present" (this is my favorite post), and reminds me to enjoy what I have now, stop grappling for what I may not have, and to live in the present.
 
Always keeping the "be present" message in the back of my head, I was thrilled when I stumbled upon and bought this cool little print from Raw Art Letterpess to hang in my studio:

Photobucket

3 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

i totally agree, when i am not present, the rest of my life (family) starts to fall apart around me.

Lindsey said...

Love that print. Love cats in the cradle. Love your stuff!
xoxo

ThatsWhatSheSaid said...

This is MY favorite post of yours. Sooo important, so awesome. The link to Design So Vast is great, and I love the artwork. Sometimes we forget to enjoy the moment we're in, but when we do, it's a great feeling.