March 26, 2010

Because everyone loves mail

I want to share a fun Friday find (say it three times fast!) that I'm completely smitten with:

The GiversLog has a series called 13 ounces or less where unusual packaging meets quirky, mailable gifts.  The project promotes mailng oddly shaped packages which weigh 13 ounces or less because they qualify for inexpensive USPS first-class postage.  I love it.

There's still a week before Easter...maybe this project would make a good long-distance Easter treat?  Like stuffing a water bottle full of those gross marshmallow Peeps?  I rank Peeps right up there with bland Girl Scouts shortbread cookies, but I'll be darned that those little yellow Peeps are deceivingly cute.

Photobucket
PS: My moment of irony...I hate Peeps but love Circus Peanuts.  Go figure.

7 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

So funny! I have a little post about Peeps coming out next week. Not a fan but so many are....yucko!

Love that idea of 13oz - never knew!

Unknown said...

I follow them too and the experiment was cracking me up! I agree with the Peeps, so cute, but no thanks!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Into Ablivia said...

Oh come on!! Peeps are awesome. Esp. when frozen. yummy

LeighAnne said...

Really? No Peep love? Try microwaving them a little! They turn out almost like roasted marshmallows-- the outside sugar is still a little crunchy and the center is an ooey-gooey mess! It's fun to watch them expand in the microwave too :)

Emily said...

Peeps are good when you need a sugar high, but a spoon full of frosting will do the same!

Love the idea about 13 ounces! i'm going to check out that site right now! Cool!

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Good try in all your attempts to convince me otherwise, but I will never consume another Peepity-Peep-Peep again! I'd rather eat styrofoam packing peanuts...which my husband says is the equivalent of Circus Peanuts. I wholly disagree!

Bumpkin Hill said...

That's a great fun idea, never got a bottle in the post!! C x