January 25, 2010

My sewing days are numbered

I had put off my Project Linus quilt to make room for several wedding invitation orders, but with the looming deadline to get the quilt in, I had to get cranking. 

When I last left off, I had neatly set down all my squares in the sequence they were to be stiched.  About an hour after walking out of the room, the Gravy Kids rolled through and played tornado with the squares.  Great. 

This weekend, I reassembled the order and got to sewing.  Let's just say that the bobbin was out to get me.  It jammed.  Jammed again.  Then the needle unthreaded.  And unthreaded.  And unthreaded itself again.  Cursing abound.  Frustrated and lacking focus, I found myself sewing together the incorrect sides of the squares a few times:


Finally, I had my rows and pressed out the seams.  And that's about as far as I've come. I couldn't handle the finickiness of my machine anymore (like how I'm blaming the machine and not me?  Classic diversion).  I'll return to the project later this week.
Please try to contain your envy for my ugly green factory-issued iron board cover. One day, I'll buy one of these.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

hang in there...sewing can be no fun...trust me and i do it everyday!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Ooh I have projects like that. Usually it's knitting that the kitties have gotten too. Sigh...

I jsut found your blog via 30days and I love it so much! Your valentine printables are SO CUTE! I would love to link to them if you didn't mind.

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

You are doing so much better than me! Can't wait to see your finished product!

Emily said...

Hmmmmm...I might take up ironing if I have a cover like that! Fun! Thanks for sharing! :D How is New Hampshire?

Lelan @ Good Gravy! said...

Emily, it's unseasonably warm right now.

But don't you worry, winter is on it's way back this weekend.