January 4, 2010

1972 called. They want their hairpins back.



We're in the midst of freshening up the layout of our finished basement and while I was on this binge-and-purge tear, I came across this huge stack of magazines I'd been saving for a variety of reasons.  Most of them hit the recycle pile, but a few I held onto, such as the small stash of magazines circa 1972 from my Nana's house: A page-by-page treasure trove of hilarity for me, including the DIY holiday ornament idea using hairpins as seen above.

Other gems included an ad for plaid couch and loveseat set with what appears to be a brown cow rug under the coffee table:


And who can resist a recipe for "Corned Beef 'N Cabbage Mousse?"

If you look really carefully at the bottom of the picture, you'll see this delectable delight is described as a "man-pleaser." 

You just can't make this stuff up.

2 comments:

Two Little Tots said...

love it! those pictures are so funny and i had a nana too and the girls call my mom nana...we really need to meet!

Emily said...

Meat should not be creamy. Enough said!